- Saturday | January 19, 2019
- 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Bridge Pa Triangle Wine District
Eight Wineries in the Bridge Pa Triangle Wine District of Hawke’s Bay, are once again coming together to run the Fourth Annual Bridge Pa Wine Festival.Bridge Pa wineries benefit from being close to each other and all wineries will be connected by Hop On/Hop Off Buses throughout the day, allowing attendees to visit multiple wineries and enjoy a wide range of wine experiences. Each Winery has different offerings of Wine, Food, and Music – see individual winery websites or the Bridge pa Triangle facebook page for more information.
The wineries involved are Abbey Estate, Alpha Domus, Ash Ridge Winery, Ngatarawa, Oak Estate, Paritua, Red Metal and Sileni. Visit their websites to see the activities for the day.
Getting to and from the festival
As responsible hosts, we recommend you use the festivals buses to get to and from the festival. If not you will need a designated driver if you’re travelling by car. Full day parking is available at some of the wineries for patrons not using the transfer bus service, please call the winery you intend to park at to ensure space. If a winery’s parking is full, then cars will be directed to another participating winery.
Ticket purchases are made at eventfinda. For More details go to:
To Purchase tickets go to:
A general admission ticket gets you access to each of the seven festival sites, and access to the hop on/hop off buses that travel between each festival site. You will also get a festival brochure and festival glass when you complete registration at your first winery.
- $62 per person – General Admission tickets including bus transfer from a city pick up point
- $42 per person – General Admission only
Admission does not include wine tasting, drinks, wine or food.
Please don’t bring any alcohol with you. Bags will be checked at the entrance to each winery
This event will go ahead rain or shine, it will not be cancelled for weather.
Tickets are limited to 2500 participants so be quick to book.
Online sales of tickets will finish at 5pm on the day before the festival. Please bring proof of purchase from Eventfinda (including voucher number) for entry onto one of the city transfer buses if you have purchased this option.
Catching one of the buses from the city.
Festival buses will be at specific locations in Napier, Taradale, Hastings and Havelock North. The first bus leaves at 9:45am and will depart when the bus is full, subsequent buses will also leave when full, with the last bus leaving at 11:15am – full or not. Don’t be late!
- Napier – buses depart from outside The National Aquarium,Marine Parade, Napier. Please do not park in the Aquarium Car park.
- Taradale – bus will depart from the Lee Road Bus stop opposite Macdonald’s car park.
- Hastings – buses will depart from the cenotaph, Russel St South.
- Havelock North – buses depart from the Havelock North i-Site, Te Aute Road.
Please note each bus will go to a different festival site which is randomly selected on the day. We cannot guarantee disembarkation at a specific winery. Once you have gone through registration at your first winery, you can then catch a shuttle to get to an alternative winery.
Return buses will start leaving at around 4:30pm and will visit all wineries until full. Please do not wait until the last bus as we have limited busses on the day.
Each winery is teaming up with a local chef or restaurant to offer a variety of dishes from 10am to 5:30pm, at varying price points. Free water is available at all festival site bars, along with bottled water for purchase.
The Bridge Pa Wine Festival venues are wheelchair friendly; however, the transfer buses and shuttle buses are not wheelchair accessible. You will need to provide your own transport between festival venues.
Under the Sale & Supply of Alcohol Act 2012:
The wineries promote the responsible consumption of alcohol. Food, water, and non-alcoholic drinks will be available at all participating wineries.
- Intoxicated persons will be refused entry at all festival sites.
- Intoxicated persons will not be served alcohol.
- Spot checks of bags may be undertaken at the entry and exit points to all festival sites.
- Any unauthorized alcohol will be confiscated.
- Alcohol cannot be taken into or out of any festival site.
- Alcohol is not permitted on buses.