Activities for the second annual Bridge Pa Wine Festival has just been finalised:
At Paritua Vineyards, we appreciate that truly great wine speaks of the land in which it was born. We invite you to experience our Paritua and Stone Paddock wines; our boutique label Paritua are produced only in outstanding vintages, whilst our Stone Paddock selection of wines are made every year using grapes grown on our own estate and carefully selected regional vineyards. Wines that not only reflect a distinctly New Zealand style, but also our passion for quality winemaking. Tel: 06 874 9180
- Spit Roast pork buns with Asian slaw
- Music – ‘Boutique’ – Wellington’s Premiere R and B, Soul covers band
- Petanque, washer tossing; prizes during the day
Hawkes Ridge @ Triangle Cellars
Enjoy Hawkes Ridge wines produced by our family owned boutique winery; Hawkes Ridge has three barrel aged aromatic whites, and four reds – Tempranillo, Pinot Noir, Syrah and Merlot. We also have a Muscato like C’est beau, our summertime ‘The Wild Rose” and stunning dessert wines. At our tasting room the welcome is friendly and relaxed. Meet the people behind the label, and hear the stories. We will also be serving Sangria and Edgebrook cider. Tel: 06 879 9355
- Pizza Slices
- Nanny’s Food truck from Wellington will be serving
- Jerk chicken burger with bacon and Swiss
- Cheese burger with bacon and cheddar
- Crispy chicken po boy
- Philly cheese steak – and other tasty food
- Entertainment – 11.30, 1.30 & 3.30 : Nikki and Jordan (mother and daughter NZ Master Chef finalists) and Douglas (Hawke’s Ridge Winemaker) will entertain with food and wine masterclasses – tickets $10.
- Music: Groove to the sound of Elisha Rose and 2 Brothers
- Gumboot Throwing – Nearest the pin wins the prize.
Abbey Cellars Winery & Brewery
Our Gothic Abbey styled winery is a spectacular site! Come try our Bordeaux Reds, Riesling, Chardonnay, Rosé, Syrah and Dessert wines. Abbey Cellars is a family-owned and operated business; with premium quality, award-winning wines. Restaurant quality food, Ice Cream & Fat Monk craft beer on Tap. Free WiFi. Tel: 06 879 6171
- Ten Twenty Four Restaurant Pop-up
- Tip Top Ice Cream
- Fat Monk Beer
- Entertainment – 10:30am-5:30pm Music: Ian Munro and special guests (Including Winky) This popular duo gets the party started with some great current and old favourites.
- All day Cornhole. A Tailgate game
Alpha Domus founded by the Ham family in 1990 is 100% family owned and has been producing stunning single vineyard estate-grown and vinted wines for twenty five years.Fully ripened Merlot/Cabernets, impressive Chardonnays, our distinctive aromatic Viognier and the stylish Barnstormer Syrah can be enjoyed in our cellar door. Situated within our working winery it provides a friendly, unique an authentic tasting experience.An exceptional range of wines will be open for tasting including the iconic AD The Aviator,, The Navigator, The Wingwalker Viognier and The Heroines Rose to name a few. Enjoy delightful bubbles – our “Cumulus” Methode Traditionelle is a celebratory treat. Tel: 06 879 6752
- Food: We welcome back the bright pink Pipi Truck, serving up their delicious pizzas plus this year Paolo Pancotti from Molto Italian Kitchen will also join us with some very tasty Italian fare.
- Entertainment: After a three year hiatus, DJ’s Floyd and Li’l B re-join forces for the Bridge Pa Festival at Alpha Domus to bring an eclectic blend of music genres to the day as only they can!
Ngatarawa Wines, pronounced (Naa Taa Raa Waa), is, as their motto goes, “Lifetimes told in wine” encompassing a heritage of over 150 years and is one of the regions earliest boutique wineries. Ngatarawa is also one of the most picturesque wineries – housed in historic racing stables and featuring an impressive lily pond. Come and taste their internationally acclaimed range of premium wines. Tel: 06 879 7603
- Paella a Go Go
- Cheese Platters
- Espresso Man Coffee
- Music by the Kawekas & Friends
Ash Ridge Wines
Set in tranquil surroundings at the foot of Roy’s Hill, Ash Ridge’s aim is to produce single vineyard wines that truly reflect their origin.
A new-comer to the Hawke’s Bay scene, Ash Ridge has made waves, winning Hawke’s Bay Winery of the Year in 2012 and 2014. Come and try our range of hand-crafted wines. Tel: 06 650 4324
- Food – Gourmet food by Francky Godinho of St Georges Restaurant
- Music: 1st Set – Eilish Rose; 2nd Set – Badger – local band of Martin Good, DJ for the Hits, 3rd Set – Soul Funkin What
Sileni Estates is named after the Sileni who featured in Roman mythology alongside Bacchus, the god of wine. They celebrated good wine, good food and good company.
Sileni Estates is a major vineyard and winery in Hawke’s Bay, which offers you the total wine and food destination experience in a spectacular setting. The state-of-the-art winery houses the Gourmet Cellar Store, showcasing the finest Hawke’s Bay, New Zealand and international product. Tel: 06 879 8768
Kate Lester Catering will be serving:
– Chinese five spice Pork Belly with Crackle, on a Fresh Noodle Salad
– Malaysian Chicken Curry
– Delicious Gelato and Sorbet
Music: Verdant Blue