The Bridge Pa Triangle Winegrowers would like to welcome you to our wineries and join us as we celebrate our 1st Annual Barrel Tasting!
Each winery will offer you the chance to sample 4-6 wines from the barrel, in an exclusive behind the scenes tasting. You will have time to talk to winemakers and explore the beautiful wines of the Bridge Pa Triangle Wine Growing District of Hawke’s Bay.
Barrel Tasting is not a food pairing or themed event, it is all about the WINE… Many wineries will be offering en primeur sales on their barrel samples. This is a chance to purchase wine now at a discount to the “finished” price, then the wine will be delivered to you once the wine is bottled, typically 12-18 months from now. Many wines are so limited, buying en primeur is your only chance to purchase them.
To participate it is a 2-step process:
- TICKETS for this event will be sold solely through the FAWC website, please go to www.fawc.co.nz to book. Prices are $60 per person.
- SESSION BOOKINGS Once you have your ticket, use the booking form here to book your place at each barrel sampling. You will have to book for each session separately.
Sessions must be pre-booked on this registration page. Phone bookings will not be taken
Each participating winery will run a tasting session at 10am, 11am, 12 noon, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm & 4pm. To limit overcrowding at each tasting session, we MUST enforce a limit of 20 people checking in at each winery location for each session.
There will be a range of food options available at some of the wineries during the weekend. This is not part of the barrel tasting session and is additional to the ticket price.
The ticket price will include a tasting glass, which you will need for each barrel tasting session, and the opportunity to participate in the exclusive barrel tasting sessions, sampling wine from 4-6 barrels, and a chance to talk with winery staff. Some wineries may charge an additional fee for current vintages not in the scope of the barrel wines
REFUND POLICY: Sales are FINAL and non – refundable. No full or partial refunds are given to customers who will miss the event. The ticket is valid only on the date[s] of the event as listed and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates.
Bridge Pa Triangle Winegrower events are for adults only… NO ONE under the age of 18 are allowed to attend the Barrel Tasting – including babies or children of any age.
Under the Sale & Supply of Alcohol Act 2012:
The wineries promote the responsible consumption of alcohol. Food, water, and non-alcoholic drinks will be available at all participating wineries.
- Intoxicated persons will be refused entry into barrel tasting sessions.
- Intoxicated persons will not be served alcohol.
EVENT DETAILS & THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW….
- You are required to select and book at each winery you wish to participate in the barrel tasting session.
- Each participating winery is limited to 20 check-in registrations per barrel tasting session. When a winery has sold out as a check in their winery name is “crossed out” on the list and will not be able to accept any more check-ins
- Attendees will receive a tasting glass upon check-in at their first tasting session, you will be required to bring that glass to each other barrel tasting session you attend.
- If you lose or forget your glass it will be $10.00 for a new one
- Designated Drivers are not served wine.
- Each person in your party will need to be present when registering for each barrel tasting, wineries need to check ID’s.
- Ticket admits 1 person into one tasting session at each participating winery.
- Anticipate only getting to three sessions per day and plan accordingly.
- All Barrel Tasting Sessions are for adults only… NO ONE under the age of 18 is allowed to attend Barrel Tasting – including no babies or children of any age
- Please do not bring dogs to Barrel Tastings
- Please help us with our goal of courteous hosts responsibility… No winery will serve or sell wine to any guest who appears intoxicated, even if they have a designated driver.
- Event takes place Rain or Shine